Tuesday, July 27, 2010

LE SCISSORS AND NEW HP SOCK YARNS


We have received sets of limited edition scissors from Wichelt Distributing. Now you can keep a pair with every project. Don't tell me that you only work on one thing at a time. These photographed lighter than they appear in person. They are a near black and come in a lovely faux velvet presentation case. It's part of their celebration of forty years of business in our industry. The set is only $42.

With this heat, our knitters are looking for smaller projects that don't fill their laps. We have received a shipment of PUNTA hand dyed sock yarn (463 yards of washable Merino and Nylon). These will also make lovely shawls, and we have two skeins of each color, should you wish to make more than a shawlette.

I'm knitting a jacket composed of 14 different yarns, and I've reached the "too much in my lap" point, so I shifted my attention to one of the pieces of my large Shelly Tribbey nativity set. I hit the wall right after dinner last night. The compensation of the Oriental Stitch in an eight thread by about 30 thread patch did me in. There was absolutely no mental capacity that I was able to draw upon to get me through it. I'm blaming it on low blood sugar, having tackled it immediately after dinner. Maybe you're supposed to wait a half an hour after a meal before stitching?

1 comment:

  1. Hm. I haven't heard that one. Maybe you're supposed to SKIP dinner and just stitch. That's the one. Or if you COOKED the dinner, that's the problem right there. You exhausted yourself.

    ReplyDelete