Tuesday, February 4, 2014

NO ONE IS MORE CLEVER THAN ANNE BRINKLEY

This is the fastest little needlepoint gift item that you can find! These are pre-finished ultra suede bookmarks with a hand painted insert. When you are finished, you stitch it closed. If you don't have a machine, you can just walk into the tailor shop just down the street and she'll close it up for you. These make great teacher gifts, or gifts for anyone who still revels in holding a real book. 



The other brilliant idea from Mrs. Brinkley is the soft leather thimble. All of a sudden I have had people asking for thimbles. I thought perhaps my mother  had raised a whole lot of children of whom I was not aware. She is a thimble wearer. My grandmother insisted that she be, and she is. Then it skipped a generation. Truly, I am not giving you the finger...and I am not left handed. I couldn't take the picture holding the camera in my other hand. I might even wear these. You certainly won't get a sweaty finger from them.





No comments:

Post a Comment