Monday, May 4, 2020

CROSS STITCH EDITION 5

 I hope you are not tired of this  yet. I know I am ending this marathon soon! This series is from Sue Hillis. If you can read and look at the pictures, you can follow her EXCELLENT finishing directions. If you don't buy these and want to do it in a participation class here at TWIS, it will cost $60, so these books are a BARGAIN!

The first one, FINISHING MADE EASY, ($20.50) walks you through ornament finishing, mounting techniques and trim application.

The EASELS MADE EASY help you go a step beyond the above and do what we call the flat fold technique where you can actually build in an easel stand in the back of the small piece so it can stand up by itself. When the season is over and it needs to go into storage, the easel back folds down so
display piece is flatflatflat. $16.50.

Down here is a wonderful little leaflet that I somehow overlooked. She had a model of the big piece at the bottom and I was smitten. If that is too much to bite off for you, the trees done individually are so adorable.$12.25.
 This was what I was babbling about during the discourse on the HANDS ON publications. In particular, the flags on the clothes line. This is the chartpack with the SULKY threads to do both projects. This one sets you up to be able to do the piece as a drum, or frame it flat. $37.00
 I love Teresa Kogut's designs! Her Christmas and Halloween make me want to drop everything and either stitch or do punch needle. We can get her designs in either format. The top pair exemplify "What's not to love" when it is Santa and animals! Clearly, that is my weakness! The left most one with the sheep is SANTA KNOWS, 118 BY 139, $10.50. The one on the right with a nod to the Bremen Town musicians is JOYFUL SCENE, 110 by 86, $10.50.

We ran out of NEWCASTLE BOUQUET but I ordered it because it was so stunning! PET ALL THE DOGS is 268 by 146, $16.50
 HOPE FOR THE WORLD may upset some with the juxtaposition of the Nativity and Santa, but I found it winsome. St. count is 96 by 142, $10.50.


I didn't even go through the Plum Street Samplers nor the With Thy Needle and Thread, nor Jardin Prive, nor Blackberry Rabbit, nor Marie Dricoll, and not Marjorie Massey. In other words, there were lots more people to whom I freely handed over my money (excitedly pushed into their hands). We will be open soon, and I have saved these surprises for you. In the interim, my email is twisinc@comcast.net for orders. Include your address and phone and then I can call you for explanations or your credit card number.


No comments:

Post a Comment