Sunday, May 3, 2020

CROSS STITCH REPORT - Edition One


I am sitting on a lot of literature still from the Nashville Market and in MY mind, this is an asset that is rapidly turning into a burden as there are new things I would like to order. There are a few notable pieces that are missing from the collection, but I grabbed one each of what had been displayed on the two spinners in the needlepoint thread area and I also absconded with literature from the big spinner and the small format spinner next to it at the end of the fabric table. If this is effective, I will continue next weekend with the literature from the spinner next to the radio.

I will have to break it up because all these pictures are  a drag on downloading this visual newsletter. Get ready for more editions!


ANNIE BEEZ-Bunny and Bee - 196 x 88  We had it in time for Easter, but there are a lot of you who are rabbit enthusiasts. $12.25


Missing is THREADNEEDLE STREET - I sold one copy and then I looked as it, intending to take one home and I realized that there was a very painful mispelling and two missing apostrophes.
Missing apostrophes can easily be remedied but leaving out the second T in the word STITCHES drives me crazy. I knew that an eon ago when we changed our name from NEEDLES AND NOODLES to THE WORLD IN STITCHES. In those days, people wrote checks for their purchases and frequently made the error of leaving out the second T. It was at that time that I started to use the acronym TWIS because I knew that common error would come to cause trouble in a URL.

 LOVE ALWAYS-101 by76 - Great wedding or anniversary piece.
$12.25

Sorry that I haven't taken time to edit these pix, but it is Sunday and that's my bed. CBS SUNDAY MORNING is over and I am watching PHANTOM GOURMET because I am looking for inspiration in something different to make.
THE HAYNES SAMPLER -246 by 201. $19







Thank goodness that BENT CREEK reprinted this wedding piece. This is one of my all time favorites. 208 x 46. $7.25




THE BLUE FLOWER - Huckleberry Farm
252 by 229 - She wasn't at market, but I responded to her email right before market and brought this in. I think this sampler, pictured below was one of the most outstanding, original samplers of the season.$14.50
Susan Jones is the designer for FINGER STEP DESIGNS and she does wonderfully practical chart pack collections, my favorite being her one on BARGELLO. This one is called SOMETHING FISHY and had a myriad of stitches that you can do in a fish sampler format. Once you have stitched it, you have a study piece from which you might choose stitches for your next canvas. I have one of these with fibers and one without for those of you  who have a collection of threads and want this for a stash buster. The one I grabbed is yarned with Gumnut Yarn Buds, a hand dyed silk perle from Australia. $130.




Australian FOX AND RABBIT had a nice small alphabet/spot sampler combination in a small format. JANIE TIBBETT 1893. Stitich count is an easy 92 by 111. $16.50.




Their other winner, in my mind, was CHARLOTTE MILLS 1844. She's a big girl at 264 by 328. They don't carry as many varietal threads as we do because the costs of importing American hand dye threads is prohibitive for many of their citizens, so they call for DMC colors. This is easy to switch to GAST, CCW or WDW. This spot sampler has the most amazing border! $21

Get ready for Edition 2 which will begin with the versatile and prolific output of HANDS ON DESIGNS.

Email your orders to twisinc@comcast.net
 

No comments:

Post a Comment